Dean Hodge’s interview series catches up with corporate leaders in a pandemic
As Einstein said, there’s opportunity in every crisis.
And, in this age of COVID-19, Foster School Dean Frank Hodge has taken advantage of the accelerated adoption of video conferencing technology to launch the “Frank Discussions” interview series with corporate leaders.
“It goes back to the research that we disseminate at the Foster School,” says Hodge, the Orin and Janet Smith Endowed Dean. “We thought, everyone is dealing with this crisis, and no one’s an expert. So, let’s talk to some leaders on the front lines who are dealing with this in major companies, and pass along their insights.”
The brief, conversational interviews look beyond the business decisions making headlines to shed light on how and why great leaders do what they do.
So far, Dean Hodge’s guests in the series include:
- Kevin Johnson, President and CEO, Starbucks
- Erik Nordstrom, CEO, Nordstrom
- Stein Kruse, Group CEO, Holland America Group & Carnival UK
- Phyllis Campbell (MBA 1987), Chairman, Pacific Northwest, JPMorgan Chase
- Annie Young-Scrivner (BA 1991), CEO, GODIVA Chocolatier (now CEO, Wella)
- Ken Denman (MBA 1986), Venture Partner, Sway Ventures
- Diana Birkett Rakow, Vice President, External Relations, Alaska Airlines
- Jenna Johnson (MBA 2010), Head of Patagonia
If you would prefer to listen to audio of the series, subscribe to Frank Discussions on Apple Podcasts.